If you want a description of the exciting (hopefully) research I do, check the projects page for some detail and comments. But if all you want is a list of papers, do not lose your time.
Just pick one and go ahead:
Or a direct list here (to be improved with links and pictures)
- Martins, André C. R., Arguments, Cognition, and Science: Need and consequences of probabilistic induction in science. Rowman & Littlefield, London, 2020 (in press).
1. Andre C. R. Martins. Network generation and evolution based on spatial and opinion dynamics components. International Journal of Modern Physics C, Vol. 30, No. 09, 1950077, 2019.
2. MV Maciel and A.C.R. Martins, Ideologically Motivated Biases in a Multiple Issues Opinion Model, arXiv:1908.10450, 2019.
3. A.C.R. Martins, Discrete Opinion Dynamics with M choices, arXiv:1905.10878, 2019.
4. L.M.T. Garcia, A.V.D. Roux, A.C.R. Martins, Y. Yang and A.A. Florindo, Exploring the emergence and evolution of population patterns of leisure-time physical activity through agent-based modelling, International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 15 (1), 112, 2018.
5. L. Garcia, A.D. Roux, A.C.R. Martins, Y. Yang and A. Florindo, Development of an agent-based model to explore population patterns and trends of leisure-time physical activity, Journal Of Physical Activity & Health, 15 (10), S26-S26, 2018.
6. Martins, André C. R. Don’t choose theories: Normative inductive reasoning and the status of physical theories, arXiv:1701.00213, 2017.
7. L.M.T. Garcia, A.V.D. Roux, A.C.R. Martins, Y. Yang and A.A. Florindo, Development of a dynamic framework to explain population patterns of leisure-time physical activity through agent-based modeling, International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 14 (1), 111, 2017.
8. Martins, André C. R.. Thou Shalt Not Take Sides: Cognition, Logic and the Need for Changing How We Believe. Frontiers in Physics, 4, 2016.
9. Martins, André C. R. Stop the tests: Opinion bias and statistical tests, arXiv:1611.06545, 2016.
10. Galam, Serge; Martins, André C R. Two-dimensional Ising transition through a technique from two-state opinion-dynamics models. Physical Review E, 91, p. 012108, 2015.
11. Martins, André C.R. Opinion particles: Classical physics and opinion dynamics. Physics Letters A, 379, p. 89-94, 2014.
12. Mitteldorf, Joshua; Martins, André C. R. Programmed Life Span in the Context of Evolvability. The American Naturalist, 184, p. 289-302, 2014.
13. Martins, André C.R.. Modelling Epistemic Systems. In: Vahid Dabbaghian; Vijay Kumar Mago. (Org.). Theories and Simulations of Complex Social Systems. Springer, 2014, 52, p. 19-30.
14. Martins, André C. R.; Galam, Serge. Building up of individual inflexibility in opinion dynamics. Physical Review E, 87, p. 042807, 2013.
15. Martins, André C R. Trust in the CODA model: Opinion Dynamics and the reliability of other agents. Physics Letters A, 377, p. 2333-2339, 2013.
16. Martins, André C.R.. Discrete opinion models as a limit case of the CODA model. Physica A, 395, p. 352-357, 2013.
17. Saes, M. S. M.; Martins, André C.R.; Schnaider, P. S. B. Entrepreneurial decision-making using the knightian uncertainty approach. RAUSP-e, 48, p. 716-726, 2013.
18. Martins, André C. R. Discrete Opinion models as a limit case of the CODA model. Social Physics Catena. 3, p. 146-157, 2012
19. Martins, Andre C. R.. Bayesian updating as basis for opinion dynamics models, AIP Conference Proceedings v. 1490. p. 212-221, 2012.
20. Galam, S.; Martins, André C. R. Pitfalls driven by the sole use of local updates in dynamical systems. Europhysics Letters, 95, p. 48005, 2011.
21. Martins, André C. R. Change and Aging Senescence as an Adaptation. Plos One, 6, p. e24328, 2011.
22. Martins, André C. R., A middle option for choices in the Continuous Opinions and Discrete Actions model. Advances and Applications in Statistical Sciences, 2, p. 333-346, 2010.
23. Martins, André C. R.; Kuba, Cleber D. The Importance Of Disagreeing: Contrarians And Extremism In The Coda Model. Advances in Complex Systems, 13, p. 621-634, 2010.
24. Martins, André C. R., Modeling Scientific Agents For A Better Science. Advances in Complex Systems, 13, p. 519-533, 2010.
25. Martins, André C. R., Bayesian updating rules in continuous opinion dynamics models. Journal of Statistical Mechanics, 2009, p. P02017, 2009.
26. Rodrigues Neto, Camilo; Martins, André C.R. Multifractality in the random parameter model for multivariate time series. Physica A, 388, p. 2198-2206, 2009.
27. Vicente, Renato; Martins, André C R; Caticha, Nestor. Opinion dynamics of learning agents: does seeking consensus lead to disagreement? Journal of Statistical Mechanics, 2009, p. P03015, 2009.
28. Martins, André C.R.; Pereira, Carlos de B.; Vicente, Renato. An opinion dynamics model for the diffusion of innovations. Physica A, 388, p. 3225-3232, 2009.
29. Martins, C. A. M. R.; Martins, Andre C. R; Nogueira, M. F. P., Aplicações de Teoria da Informação em Problemas de Análise Musical e Reconstrução Musicológica, in: Anais do XIX Congresso da Anppom (Associação Nacional de Pesquisa e Pós-Graduação em Música), 2009. p. 711-713 (in Portuguese).
30. Martins, André C. R. Continuous Opinions and Discrete Actions in Opinion Dynamics Problems. International Journal of Modern Physics C, 19, p. 617-624, 2008.
31. Martins, André C. R. Mobility and social network effects on extremist opinions. Physical Review E, 78, p. 036104, 2008.
32. Martins, André C. R. Replication in the Deception and Convergence of Opinions Problem. JASSS – Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, 11, p. 8, 2008.
33. Martins, André C. R. Non-Stationary Correlation Matrices and Noise. Physica A, 379, p. 552-558, 2007.
34. Martins, André C. R. Random, but not so much: A parameterization for the returns and correlation matrix of financial time series. Physica. A, 383, p. 527-532, 2007.
35. A.C.R. Martins and R. Vicente, The Effect of a Random Drift on Mixed and Pure Strategies in the Snowdrift Game, arXiv:0711.3249, 2007.
36. Martins, A. C. R. Probabilistic Biases as Bayesian Inference. Judgment and Decision Making, 1, n.2, p. 108-117, 2006.
37. Martins, André C. R. Deception and Convergence of Opinions. JASSS – Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, 8, n.2, p. 3, 2005.
38. Martins, A. C. R.. Non-Stationary bayesian Models and Portfolio Optimization, in Proceedings of the First Brazilian Conference on Statistical Modelling in Insurance and Finance, IME-USP p. 264-267, 2003.
39. Delyra, J. L. ; Martins, A. C. R. ; Carneiro, C. E. I. . Critical Exponents on Self-Consistent Lattices. In: V. C. Aguilera-Navarro; D. Galetti; B. M. Pimentel; L. Tomio. (Org.). Topics in Theoretical Physics – Festschrift for Paulo Leal Ferreira 7, Ediora do Instituto de Física Teórica, p. 87-9, 1995.
40. Delyra, J; Martins, André C. R.. Symmetry breaking on a finite euclidean lattice. Nuclear Physics B, 432, p. 621-640, 1994.